Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh hai!

Soo... eh hem... hi!! I know, it's been awhile huh? I didn't intend to take off a couple of weeks from blogging, but, it just kinda happened that way. I have come to see how grueling the choice to teach children forty hours a week is. Four days a week I usually go from work at school to work at the studio teaching piano. On three of those days I teach until 6pm- I start my day at 8am. Blargh. To say I get worn out because of that is an understatement.
-
Teaching kids is draining. I love to do it I really do, but, it does require a lot of focus, patience, and well... energy. I am realizing that I need more down time than I've allowed myself to decompress and recharge my batteries. Initially, I chose to structure my work days in such a way I'd only teach private piano three days a week, but, [students'] schedule conflicts and weird drama at the music studio has caused my schedule to change. I haven't been happy about it and I am tired. Monday-Thursday I have been waking up thinking,' I don't want to do this' ie work so much. So, I've been doing some thinking. I'll work and put up with this schedule for now. I have a trip to Europe to save up for and between both jobs I should be able to make the trip happen barring a major crises.
-
That said, after my trip I'm going to change my piano teaching schedule to be more conducive to my mental and physical well being when the school year starts back up in August. I'm hoping my living arrangements will be cheaper and I can easily take a pay cut. Fingers crossed. In the meantime, I'm going to trudge through those hard long days and try to be cheery about it. After all, attitude makes all the difference right? ;-)
-
PS- MISSED YOU GUYS!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

It IS exhausting! Even subbing for one day is extremely tiring; there's no way I could do it day in, day out, every school day for months on end! Hang in there and know that your trip to Europe will be TRULY WELL-DESERVED!!

Caitie said...

Woo hoo! New post! When's your Europe trip planned for?

Habebi said...

Sarah- Thanks girl! I know, it's amazing isn't it? I have found a new definition for stamina and patience thanks to this job.

Habebi said...

Caitie- Hey, hey!! I'm thinking about going to Europe in June right after school ends for the summer. Any chance you'll be in Swiss and there are inexpensive places for me to stay? ;-) lol

Sara Louise said...

HI! So nice to see you again :-)

Habebi said...

Sara Louise- Salut ma belle amie! It's good to be seen. As I said, I missed you all. Life isn't as full without my awesome blog friends.