Monday, September 21, 2009

Cuuhhhhhraaapppppp

When Jon was leaving tonight I noticed there were marks on the inside of the door. Marks that were not there yesterday. Upon closer inspection it was obvious that those marks were made by a crowbar. My memory wafted back to early this morning when I heard Louie barking, loudly, and (for him) viciously. Best we can figure, someone tried to pry our door open early this morning in hopes they could swipe something and Louie's barking and our sliding bolt saved the day.

Ugh and ugh. A call has already been made to our landlord, David, who thankfully will add more safety measures to the front door, the back door, and our fence gate. I am doing what I can to keep the "What if?" scenarios at bay and just process through all of the rather intense emotions. Most importantly, keep focused on the fact that we are okay and they (whoever they are) did not succeed. Some people aren't so lucky.

3 comments:

S. said...

GIRL! I'll be thinking of you. How's that psoas muscle doing?

Habebi said...

Thanks hun! The psoas is virtually a 100% now, thank goodness. Easing back into a workout 'routine' with walking. I couldn't even stand-up long before- such an annoyingly neccessary muscle lol.

All has worked out well though so no complaints! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the attempted break-in! Crips, I'd be flipped out,too. Get Louie into a self-defense class along with yourself. Better insure the computer.
Hope all works out.