Monday, September 7, 2009

We Have a What?!

My roomie's parents came down from Iowa this holiday weekend for a brief visit. We've been having little house problems here and there, so, her folks swung by the house to look at them. Her father inspected a couple of places and told us what was up and what we needed to do. He also took a closer look at the massive tree in our front yard and declared it to be a pecan tree. Of course, I googled it, compared the leaves (which you don't see in the pic) and the green 'pods' (my term) in it and sure enough we do!


Now we get to figure out if we want to collect pecans or not. And then if we do what to cook? I know there's the classics such as pecan pie and sugar coated pecans. Is there anything else I'm not thinking of?

1 comment:

S. said...

TURTLES!!!!!!! And quick breads... like banana nut or cranberry nut... or FUDGE. Or brownies. Or put them in salads. God, I love pecans... I am incredibly jealous :D