Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Getting Centered

Awesome photo non? Thank you Google and the original photographer
-
The last six weeks have been absolutely nuts. Someone asked a group I was with yesterday how their summer was going so far and all I could say was, 'Crappy!' Between work, getting sick, work, Jon's burns, Leo's broken leg, my car, work, work, phone dying, work, and a nasty heat wave I have been doing whatever it takes to function and get through each day. Suffice it to say I wasn't able to perform at my best and some tasks have been left undone out of neccissity. I even canceled my French classes for June so I could have more time! I hate that, and I hate not being able to do my job well, but, sanity and immediate needs (work wise) had to come first. It was the best I could do with what I had.
-
This week was supposed to be the craziest of my summer, but, for some reason the universe decided it had dooled out enough crapiness and work and life has begun to settle down. One of my bosses emailed me at the end of last week, after an insane five days of music theatre day camp, telling me that instead of doing another round of camp this week (for even longer hours I might add), they needed me to be at the studio to take care of projects as we are in a big transitiono right now. It was as if they had read my mind knowing how frustrated and concerned I was trying to juggle everything on top of being in charge of keeping everyone else at these camps sane and children in-line.
-
It's only day two of extended office hours, and big and small items at work and in my daily life are already getting checked off the list. I can already feel the relief coming to the surface as each item is addressed. Last night while at dance practice I began to feel tension release after I danced for a bit; in fact at one point I nearly cried as exhaustion and mental clarity (I know weird combo right?) set in. I can actually keep track of what needs to be taken care of great and small. I am still recovering from the physical and mental burnout, but, I can even feel that working its way out.
-
It's good to be able to get myself back, centered, and balanced. Life happens, we all get caught up with things to do, stress, physical fatigue, etc. At some point, one just has to seize the opportunity to take care of yourself and get centered again. I, for one, know how doing this makes me a happier and healthier person.
-
With that, I feel like I should say "ohmmm" or, "namaste" or something! lol
-
ps- Leo update coming soon!

4 comments:

S. said...

Namaste, indeed!!! :) I was talking to a woman just today about balancing the chi of life. And yes, I told her about the Cheeto. She loved it.

Habebi said...

Sarah- Ha ha ha!! Glad you were able to spread the wisedom of the cheeto. I soooo should've mentioned that in this post. D'oh!

annelise said...

Wow, when you list all the things like that, I'm surprised you haven't had a breakdown by now! I'm so glad the universe came through for you and gave you a break (and not a breakdown). Hope it stays good and you have a lovely, relaxing summer! Hoep Leo is recovering well, also.

Habebi said...

Annelise- Yeah there was more to that list even! lol You know, it was insane and I wasn't happy about it, but, I always try to keep in mind it could be a lot worse and reassure myself that it will ebb at some point.

That said, I am hoping for a more relaxing summer! Thanks so much!