Saturday, September 11, 2010

In Which I Realize I Need a Break... But...

What I'd rather be doing this weekend... sigh.
-
In two hours I will be taking on another babysitting gig with the twins I've watched before. When I agreed to watch them for the weekend (really only a day-ish) I wasn't gainfully employed and was definitely in need of a little extra cash. Now that I've been working more throughout these past two weeks I really wish I hadn't agreed to watch the kiddos. Not because of them, I just need rest and time to get the house in order so I can go at it again next week without my surroundings seeming messy or chaotic. Oh and did I mention I'm taking them to a football game with their Tiger Cub Scout group at my old Alma Mater and after said game we're camping out on the football game ALL night with the other little scoutlings in the Tulsa area?? I didn't?? Yeah, I'm doing that.
-
My time management skills are in definite need of improvement. Just another lesson in learning how to schedule my time and making sure I get rest. Both things which I won't get so much this weekend I think. Wish me luck and that I manage to get some sleep in the 'great outdoors' with the pollen and mold counts high, surrounded by young children. This oughta be interesting.

8 comments:

Caitie said...

Poor you! But just think about how many Karma points you're accumulating. Make sure you yell extra loud when you're ready for the Universe to cash those points in for you :-)

Habebi said...

Caitie- ohhhhh now there's a thought! I will make a mental note to yell really loud when I need the universe to cut me some slack. Thanks for the tip!

S. said...

Hope the kids are settling down and you get some sleep tonight! Much mental Benadryl headed your way!

Habebi said...

Sarah- ha ha! Yeah they didn't wind down until nearly 1am!! There was a movie on the big screen, a few kids playing around our tent, and they were just so excited to be there. Understandable as it was their first campout. They are very zombie like today and I have a pufferfish face an d chainsmoker voice. So I guess you could say it was a success! LoL

Anonymous said...

Taking the kids out was nice of you. I'm sure that they'll understand when you say "no" the next time they ask.

Habebi said...

Dedene- Yeah I did enjoy it more than I thought I would, mainly cause it was at TU and familiar surroundings. That said I don't think I will be going to other campouts anytime soon. I think that would take years off of my life.

Clouds said...

Man you're busy! Sounds like a very hectic schedule. Hopefully they are very well behaved and don't make a squeak! ;)

Habebi said...

Clouds- LOL nooooo they were quite rambunctious but not horrid. They wouldn't shut down though so they stayed up really late which stank. But hey it's money so woot?